an ominous comment

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 12:12:24 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> At some point
> I realized that I should just go to court for every ticket or other
> opportunity.  If the alternative is that you certainly have to pay, then you
> might as well learn, get comfortable protecting yourself in court, say your
> peace, and try whatever legal argument you can think of.  I have about a 50%
> win rate.

Few people realize how easy it is to push 50% on tickets even if
all they do is plead not guilty and wait for the cop not to show up.
And that's before feigning/posturing that you actually have a case
thereby driving your own bargain. Prosecutors hate risk.
You making a case in front of a judge is a risk they'll bend over
backwards to avoid. Find their weak spots, play to win, go for the
dismissals, prepare for the not guilty battles, punk the state,
have fun with it :) After all, it is your right. And entire forums
exist to help you do it.