There's this really kewl mesh network that's being deployed world-wide...

Seth list at sysfu.com
Sun Jul 5 08:38:51 PDT 2015

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 21:18:49 -0700, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Seth <list at sysfu.com> wrote:
>> ...have you heard about it? No? Well...odds are you've already given
>> implied
>> consent for the IoT.
>
> Film looks relavant on many levels but is long.

This is true. For those that don't have the time or desire or watch, some
takeaways:

The biggest takeaway is that jig is up with the current business model of
centralized power distribution. The growth of decentralized power
production (home solar etc) is driving a stake into the heart of the beast.

The power company execs know this openly admit as much. So they are
changing business models to one of CENTRALIZED DATA HARVESTING AND
SURVEILLANCE.

'smart meters' are a massive and global offensive thrust of the 'Internet
of Things' surveillance state and control grid directly into the home.
They form a mesh network on the 900Mhz band. They are supposed to have
2.4Ghz radio (not yet widely activated) for extracting surveillance data
and controlling 'smart' appliances in the home.

I use the term 'smart' in quotes because it is a goddamn propaganda term
and needs to be replaced in the popular culture as soon as possible with
something more apt and mocking, say 'evil-genius'. I will use the term
'evil-genius' meters from now on.

Anyways, these evil-genius meters douse your house with something on the
order of 40,000 microwave pulses a day. The meters are built in China, and
allegedly have not had any real safety testing done on them.

The AC-DC converters used to power the evil genius brain in these devices
is supposedly a crap one and generates a significant power waste along
with 'dirty electricity' (that is a choppy or rough sine wave instead of
smooth clean one) which radiates throughout the home via the electrical
wiring.

The legal principle of 'implied consent' being used to justify the stealth
installation of the meters world wide is a very shaky one. The vast
majority of people that are having these meters installed on their homes
by the power company are complete unaware of what is going on. It's a
classic trojan horse.

It's also a contractual violation. To have a valid contract there must be
an offer, consideration, and acceptance. There is none of this with the
evil-genius meter roll-outs. They simply are putting them in without
asking the customer for permission.

Depending on the jurisdiction, you can refuse the evil-genius meter, but
then you're hit with an extortionate monthly 'meter reading' fee, which
was not charged before the evil-genius meter roll-out began.

Some people in the Los Angeles area that have refused evil-genius meter
installation, have been locked into months long battle with the utility
company and consequently LIVING WITHOUT ELECTRICITY for months on end. Now
that is some crazy shit, now matter how you slice it.

WHY are the companies so adamant about having these devices installed to
the point where they're willing to cut off a resister's power for months
on end, and foregoing that revenue? Perhaps to make an example out of them?

I could go on and on.

If you anybody that sleeps in a room next to one of these devices,
*especially* if they are pregnant women or young children, get them the
fuck away from it as soon as possible, ideally by having the device
removed and replaced with an analog one, or by changing rooms or living
locations.