[Bitcoin-development] questions about bitcoin-XT code fork & non-consensus hard-fork

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:43:02 PDT 2015

On 7/2/15, Lodewijk andré de la porte <l at odewijk.nl> wrote:
> So.. these points were already hard to argue against clearly. Then there's
> "we can scale externally".... The trouble is that there's so many ways,
> like pinning (sidechains/mastercoin), exclusively inter-institutional
> settlement, debt based moneys ("the bearer of this token is entitled
> to..."), and all of them could work! In fact, we could just abandon Bitcoin
> alltogether!
> And that's the core of my counterargument: we don't have to
> cripple Bitcoin, so let's not.

thank you for the patient summarization of many complex points of
contention around this subject, including the social(market) aspects
which may not come easy to a technical mind.

> The Chinese mining pools stamping their document regarding increasing the
> blocksize to 8mb was extraordinary. They ignored Gavin's 20mb or anything
> proposal ("or anything" probably mostly to make 20mb seem reasonable). They
> stamped - a thing completely outdated in the West, yet common in Asia (and
> pretty badass). They are a group of Chinese making law for everyone.

speaking of "not much to do about it now..." :)

> So - conclusively - Gavin is a hero, the Internet's retarded, Bitcoin is in
> policy jail but it likes it there. Oh, and the free-est market of the world
> is already significantly run by Chinese. If you read this far, thanks.

agreed. onward to proof of useful work!  [sounds trivial, let's
r/AskReddit! ...]

best regards,