[Cryptography] Crypto Wars

grarpamp grarpamp@gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 23:41:13 PDT 2015

>> elephant wrote:
>> Would anyone be able to recommend me good literature on the Crypto Wars?
>> Both historical and theoretical accounts (if they exist) would be great,
>> digital or printed. Either stuff on the Crypto Wars I or  II would be fab.

> gnu wrote:
> gone from
> the Cryptome site, the JYA.com site, and the EFF.ORG sites.  But

http://cryptome.org/jya/cracking-des/cracking-des.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20000409094154/http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/te/5124/1.html
"I believe we must soon address the risks posed by electronic
distribution of encryption software... unless we address this
situation, use of the Internet to distribute encryption products will
render [our] controls immaterial." -- 1999: USA, FVEY, et al

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=not+dead+yet
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=kill+it