Announcement: Replicated Encrypted PasteBin
Sat Jul 4 09:14:20 PDT 2015
It's been a while since code was announced on cypherpunks...
Repbin is an encrypted pastebin for the command line that runs over Tor!
Repbin servers form a distributed network where nodes sync posts with
each other (like in Usenet or BBS/Fido systems). This makes Repbin
resilient and scalable. Repbin focuses on privacy (encrypted messages)
and anonymity (padding and repost chains).
- Forward secure encryption of posts using DHE-curve25519. Even a
compromised long-term key does not allow to decrypt old posts.
- Integrity protection of posts using HMAC-SHA256. You can be sure that
posts have not been tampered with.
- Confidentiality of posts using AES256-CTR. Without the recipient key,
nobody can read the post.
- All posts are padded to a common size. That means that posts are not
distinguishable by their size when looking ``on the wire''.
- Post are replicated between all servers in the Repbin network.
- Optional constant receiver keys for post-box functionality.
- Receiver key attributes for synchronization and post-box
- Resource control via hashcash (sha256) and ed25519.
- Some privacy protection by using Tor for all communication and
- undocumented goodies.
Post a file
$ cat FILE | repclient
As a response you will receive output like this:
Simply give the Pastebin Address to whoever should gain access to the
Client software to send and receive file:
$ go get -u github.com/repbin/repbin/cmd/repclient
If you are an experienced UNIX sysadmin, please consider running your
own Repbin server to help the Repbin network.
While running a server requires hardly any interaction, setting up a
server in the Repbin network requires at least one manual peering
agreement with another server in the network. This is a time-tested
architecture which is used successfully to run the Internet, the Usenet,
and BBS networks like FidoNet. To set up a peering you have to exchange
public peering keys with another server and configure your server
To get in touch with us for peering send a message to
and don't forget to put your own key into the message.
The server installation and the peering process is described in detail
in the documentation.
Here be dragons...
Dive deeper into the documentation and the code, if you want to figure
out how to send repost messages (remailer style) and how to run your own
THIS SOFTWARE HAS NEVER BEEN AUDITED OR REVIEWED. IT HAS NOT BEEN
TESTED. THE AUTHORS ARE AMATEURS AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE
FOR ANYTHING IMPORTANT. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THE SOFTWARE TO WORK AT
ALL, OR IN ANY PREDICTABLE WAY, NOR SHOULD YOU ASSUME THAT THE FEATURES
CLAIMED ARE THE FEATURES IMPLEMENTED. THIS SOFTWARE IS FULL OF ERRORS,
THE ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN ARE BROKEN. UNLESS SOME EXPERT CLAIMS
More information about the cypherpunks