Obama joins against crypto aka freedom

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Mon Jan 19 23:53:33 PST 2015

grarpamp:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 11:17 PM, odinn
> <odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net> wrote:
>> tl;dr ..... or not?
>
> No, this is historical possibility. Might as well throw in a copy
> of Wikipedia too. Just like the seed and genome banks out there for
> if/when we fuck it up. Even the cryopreservation wonks. The whole
> of human knowledge and existance thing. Humanity goes in these long
> cycles of destroy and rebuild, some more severe and complete than
> others. And odds of higher completion increase with inventing more
> non natural processes over short time like bioengineering and nukes
> that have not yet reached long time evolutionary
> integration/protection toward natural defence/backoff.

Yeah.

>> And that is all, and the EFF can huff and puff but at the end of
>> the day there will be no large scale uprising because the level
>> of apathy
>
> It's not just the US. There are world protests, but lasting real
> success anywhere in the world against the pro-surveillors and
> anti-cryptos and nothing-to-hiders and thought-crimers, seems yet
> to be determined.
>
>> People are kind of excited about CISPA fight (and maybe the
>> mailing lists that are used to fight CISPA could also be used for
>> fighting
>
> That's because they apparently love using the internet for piracy
> so they can watch the fucking Simpsons and football and movies and
> porn and Beyonce. Portray the issues last above into them not being
> able to do that anymore and you might see some riseup activity
> there. Probably more than you'd see if you told them their
> corps/govts/friends were reading their sexy text messages because
> they kindof already know that and don't give a fuck because it's
> just being watched, not being *taken away from them*. You have to
> take away the beer and candy and gasoline and water and vaporize
> their cash flow to get a reaction.

As stated in the github on ImmortalCode, I'm totally down for
contributors,

https://github.com/abisprotocol/ImmortalCode

And, I haven't set up a mechanism to fund this, but I know from
memory, an OpenROV to ensconce it in costs not much ~ though the
polymerase chain reaction stuff, DNA work, crypto, seed and genome
bank you want to pack in, would certainly cost more than jut the
OpenROV machinery, but actually the overall project is low cost by the
time you are done with the thing. Greater difficulty would be to
determine how to ensure it would reproduce itself at depth, tougher
than just producing a wandering rover sort of thing, for sure (partly
due to that we don't know what happens in most parts of the deep), and
also due to the complexity of merging Turritopsis dohrnii DNA with
Open Worm DNA (in biological form, a Caenorhabditis Elegans, which has
302 neurons and 959 cells), as well as inserting a "human signal" in
the form of a tiny segment of human DNA into the modified T. dohrnii
as well before protecting the creature within a modified OpenROV to
help protect it and ensure its safe return to land. A significant
amount of initial design would be necessary to determine what
equipment and sensors it would have so that it would run with in
tandem with knowledge nodes that would enable it to share knowledge
between species across vast areas of the ocean without human
intervention.  That's the general idea, anyway.

I'm open to it.  I'll set up a donation address soon and put it on the
readme page.

- -O

>> One of the things I suggest doing is just saying screw humanity
>> for a while.  Put some of our best, most hardcore code, like
>> Gnupg (gpg) and ... (BTC) and BCN.  And put all this stuff in as
>> examples of like, an undersea Voyager 1.  And then send it to the
>> bottom of the ocean.  And tell it to come back in like 10 years,
>> or 50 years, but to, you know, check back from a distance first,
>> to make sure that we are not dead first, to make sure we haven't
>> killed ourselves off or that we haven't screwed up even more than
>> we have already. ...
>> https://twitter.com/AnonyOdinn/status/556952326347317248
>> https://github.com/abisprotocol/ImmortalCode The idea is there is
>> code and DNA kind of mixed together in an Autonomous Knowledge
>> Node, protected in a robotic hard shell as an OpenROV, sort of
>> like a little submarine, but it can reproduce in certain
>> conditions.  And it can then communicate with other species. It
>> will try to learn things to bring back from the depths to help
>> us survive, assuming we are still alive when we return.  (And of
>> course it will bring back the crypto it carried along as well
>> sort of like the Golden Platter of Voyager 1 or something)
>>
>> This is kind of along ramble, so I'll just be quiet now.

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn