Gnupg (gpg) [was Re: Pond and Keybase [was peerio.com]]

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Fri Jan 16 14:19:27 PST 2015

Dnia piątek, 16 stycznia 2015 10:11:48 Seth pisze:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 01:48:02 -0800, odinn
>
> <odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net> wrote:
> > And now here's the kicker:  This two-person team which they are trying
> > to get funded, IS NOT FUNDED!
> >
> > Take a look here:
> >
> > https://gnupg.org/index.html
> >
> > Again:
> >
> > NOT. FUNDED.
>
> This line of argument seems to imply that throwing money at GnuPG will
> somehow fix its well-known usability issues. http://secushare.org/PGP

Some of those issues are not easily fixable (or at all, because of how e-mail
works); but some of them are fixable, if only the right incentives show up.

Maybe we could find a way to fund GnuPG/Enigmail/MailPile in a way that would
incentivise good UI/UX? I don't know... we seem to have a _crowd_ here, maybe
we could find a way _fund_ such an endaevour?

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147