Replacing email with XMPP...why not?

Cypher cypher at cpunk.us
Fri Jan 16 10:02:33 PST 2015

On 01/16/2015 11:57 AM, stef wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:31:58AM -0600, Cypher wrote:
>> Thoughts?
>
> you want to avoid xml based "solutions". langsec should be
> considered from the beginning. also i'm unsure of the
> store-and-forward-properties of xmpp.

Agreed. From running an XMPP server, XMPP does (or can) have store and
forward capabilities but that is something that would need to be
addressed. For maximum security, there needs to be a way for the
messages to be encrypted to a key controlled by only the recipient
while it's sitting on the server. I suppose using PKI could accomplish
that.

Cypher