peerio.com

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Thu Jan 15 08:44:19 PST 2015

Dnia czwartek, 15 stycznia 2015 11:20:22 Cathal Garvey pisze:
> If the server code were open, how would you know the server was actually
> running that code anyway?

Not much. But it would allow others to run the server code and offer similar
service, at the very least.

> Having the protocol documented so thoroughly makes the task of writing an
> alternative server trivial if time-consuming. I'd obviously prefer the
> server were AGPL, and I hope someone will write an AGPL'd server and
> federation.

Of course. The "time-consuming" part is what bothers me. I *could* throw in an
hour or two to set-up a peerio server had the code been available; I have
absolutely *no way in hell* of throwing in days or weeks of work to implement
their protocol.

> For now though, the client is open source, the crypto doesn't suck, the
> UX is excellent, and the threat model is pretty transparent. I'm *never*
> going to inflict PGP on friends, but I'll happily inflict this on them.

So far, as far as I can see, you're not even inflicting PGP on us here, let
alone your friends.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak