peerio.com

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Wed Jan 14 07:25:06 PST 2015

Which mildly concerns me also, however it's in Beta so I suspect when
1.0 lands it'll be "additional disk space" plus additional features.

Besides, the threat model is pretty transparent (content is invisible
but senders/recipients/times all visible to server owner) and the client
is open source and runs on a vetted crypto-scheme. The server is not
open (yet?) but the documentation on the github makes the entire
protocol very clear, so re-implementing would be time consuming but
straightforward.

Implementing a third-party server that federates, and extending the code
to allow for cross-domain messages could make this a nice
websocket-based standard replacement for email that's crypto-first, at
last. In the mean-while, I'm happy to use Nadim's server and see where
he takes it.

--
Twitter:  @onetruecathal
Phone: +353876363185