Cryptography Intellectual Property: Formalities of Cypherpunk

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Tue Jan 13 10:34:41 PST 2015

Dnia wtorek, 13 stycznia 2015 09:39:06 Robert Hettinga pisze:
> If it’s encrypted, and I have the key, it’s my property. That’s it.

The question is not about encrypted materials, but about encryption algorithms
and tools, as far as I understand.

Anybody reading the BSD vs GPL thread knows what I would say: no patents;
licensing under a strong colyleft free software license with patent
granting/shielding clauses and clauses against TiVoization[1].

But hey, that's just me.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tivoization

--
Pozdrawiam,