Rant on BSD vs GPL was [Good ol' BSD vs. GPL]

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Jan 12 09:07:05 PST 2015

On 01/11/2015 10:39 PM, Juan wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 23:00:38 -0500
> grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>         about serious stuff like constantly invoking freedom
>>>         while being a crass statist.
>>
>> It's a trap!
>

> 	Ha. Wait!
>
> 	https://stallman.org/articles/why-we-need-a-state.html

Stallman opines therein:

| Above all, we need a state in order to have democracy, which
| is the system by which the many non-rich [aka beta, weak,
| clueless, stupid, etc] join together to overcome the power
| of the rich [aka alpha, powerful, skilled, smart, etc] and
| thus deny them control over society.

I agree, but only provisionally, and only if the alphas don't control
the state. However, alphas typically do end up controlling the state,
and that's the fatal defect. What's needed long term is conversion of
betas into gammas. With enough gammas, the state will arguably wither
away. But I'll be dead long before then, so I focus on the process.

> 	 When I first read it I missed this line
>
> 	"Copyright (c) 2013 Richard Stallman Verbatim copying and
> 	redistribution of this entire page are permitted provided this
> 	notice is preserved. "
>
> 	LMAO! unintentional self-parody at its best.

No, he's just saying that he'll track you down and kick your ass if you
fuck with his shit. There's no state required for that ;)