Rant on BSD vs GPL was [Good ol' BSD vs. GPL]

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 16:09:56 PST 2015

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 23:56:21 +0100
rysiek <rysiek at hackerspace.pl> wrote:

> While I admire RMS for his free software work, I have my own
> differences with him. For example his stance on Creative Commons -ND
> provision: http://onpon4.github.io/other/fsf-no-derivatives/
> http://rys.io/en/101

	I read your critique. Yet another instance of Stallman's lack
	of consistency.

	What I found slightly interesting, and correct me if I'm wrong,
	is that one of Stallman's basic arguments for free software is
	that individuals have the right to use their hardware however
	they wish, but running propietary software means that somebody
	else is controlling or 'owning' their hardware.

	That is a rather libertarian/propertarian argument.