Good ol' BSD vs. GPL

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Mon Jan 5 12:29:58 PST 2015

I read this and I just get more confused. One I feel like this is
topic drift (but don't worry about that, I'm glad for a little drift
here) and two... what about bitcoin which is.... MIT right?  I don't
mean to drift it further... but I feel like this gets to be a circular
thing.  M. Gogulski had an argument (not sure if on this list but
maybe it was on Unsystem) sometime I think early last year in which he
had some arguments I hadn't considered for different types of
unlicensing approaches.  Which again, I just hadn't considered before
he had elaborated on it at length.  In comparison the whole thing I
found at the time a bit befuddling.

This led me to ask if maybe there was just a way to release it into
domain (public domain) without the whole licensing system and
multitude of restrictions and competing licensing restrictions
(including Unlicense) coming into play, depending on the project /
projects being considered.  (Again I think we are twirling in circles
here)

But part of this in the final analysis should be what software
projects have succeeded and really circled the globe (and resisted
various kinds of intrusions/attacks) regardless of what labels we have
slapped on them?

Well, they have been:

Non-corporate, generally non-organizational also
open source
Consider some of the conclusions from both 30c3 and 31c3

I'm repeating the obvious now so I'll shut up

grarpamp:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_copyright
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-copyright Yarr!

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn