TrueCrypt, GostCrypt, *Crypt - status?

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Sat Jan 3 09:23:48 PST 2015

Truecrypt itself actually wasn't licensed under an OSI/FSF approved
license, was it? I recall reading it had some strange clauses in there
that they never elaborated upon that made it unsuitable for packaging.

What are the critical truecrypt features people actually want, that made
it special? Trivial symmetric file encryption? That could be hacked
together pretty simply. Or something more esoteric? Deniable volumes?
Detachable headers? Keyfiles?