RedPhone Removed from Google Play Store

Seth list at sysfu.com
Sat Jan 17 17:51:36 PST 2015

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 16:06:25 -0800, Badbiosvictim
<badbiosvictim at ruggedinbox.com> wrote:

> Yes. I have a $80 a year plan with page plus cellular on my older Droid
> 3 phone.

I don't believe you can use utilize that number on your Droid 4 'PDA' with
Textsecure. If it was a GSM phone maybe you could temporarily swap the
active SIM card into the Droid 4 just to register the phone number with
Textsecure. Then go back to Wifi for Textsecure comms, however this would
require Google Services Framework.

Are you trying to pull all this off without using a Google account?
Current versions of Textsecure require the GSF to communicate over IP (as
opposed to SMS). GSF is only obtainable via the Google Play store to the
best of my knowledge.

If someone knows of a way to install a current version of the Google
Service Framework, without using the Google Play app, I'd be interested to
know.

Otherwise you're stuck using older versions of Textsecure that support
SMS, but again I'm pretty sure that requires an active cellular plan with
SMS capable telephone number.