Replacing email with XMPP...why not?

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Fri Jan 16 23:55:50 PST 2015

Dnia piątek, 16 stycznia 2015 11:31:58 Cypher pisze:
> I've been reading a lot about the need to replace email and I'm not
> quite sure why we're not moving to an XMPP based model.

Because these are two completely different beasts, used for two completely
different things.

Also, if I were to replace e-mail with something, I'd go with something
serverless. RetroShare is an interesting project, for instance. It needs some
love, but the direction is right, AFAIK.

Also, one does not simply replace e-mail...

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147