Comsec Dream

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Thu Jan 15 15:04:56 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:20:33PM -0500, dan at geer.org wrote:
> John Young writes:
>  | Comsec dream: secure means uniquely controllable by each person.
>  | Free of faith, scripture, authorities, investors, apologists, exploiters.
>

> Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy.  The
> savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe.
> Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.
>                         -- Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead (1943)

>From each according to his ability, to each according to his need

Does this not describe the copyleft and copyfree software? Or maybe
it describes a world where farmers figure out they can make more
money by giving away all the food the world needs, and knowing
when to sell the rest for profit?

But I have a hard time believing that mathematics is anything other
than a testable shared belief, in which we all share faith.