bitcoin tinfoil-hattery

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Wed Jan 14 20:24:27 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:46:40PM -0500, dan at geer.org wrote:
>  > Plausibility on a scale of 1-5 .. I say 4, what say you all?
>
> When trying to execute a pump&dump scheme, it is more effective
> to attack something thinly traded, assuming, of course, that there
> are enough marks available to fleece.  In other words, pick a
> different coin:
>
> http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php
>

> --dan

Interesting, what do they mean by 'capitalization hard limit'

A couple of those coins have ongoing block rewards that never
drop to zero, or proof-of stake, so there's not really a hard
limit. And then there are non-obvious bugs that can blow up..

And it's rather important to read the code and not the coins
marketing. Some of this stuff is kinda hilarious

https://github.com/fourtytwo42/42/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L835