bitcoin tinfoil-hattery

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 12:35:14 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer at hozed.org> wrote:
> Theory of the day:
>
> 1) Naked short bitcoin (not sure how, but I'm sure some bankster did)
> 3) use profits from shorting to hire cex.io 'idled' capacity
> 4) double-spend on competing exchanges (or against competing investors funds)
> 5) buy an island or three, or a politician or 5
>
> Plausibility on a scale of 1-5 .. I say 4, what say you all?

There are certainly some people with a plan... make money
on both the up and down. Mining is experiencing a hiccup but
not affecting tx flow or fees yet. What will the next Bitcoin peak
and return look like? The path new currencies and economic
models take to stady state is interesting. It's good to have them
appear once in a while.

If you're buying politicians from your Bitcoin plays, both of you
probably need Bitcoin to continue to exist. Longer existance
results in better legitimacy, stability, and more participants
in the average... making some games a bit harder to play.