Rant on BSD vs GPL was [Good ol' BSD vs. GPL]

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Jan 12 12:35:52 PST 2015

On 01/12/2015 12:47 PM, Cathal (Phone) wrote:
> I think it inappropriate to insert your own text in a quoted
> block without making it clear that you're misquoting someone
> deliberately. Whatever your (provably false with well established
> psych/sociological research) notions of personal merit vs. wealth,
> they are not Stallman's: keep them out of the block, or don't
> pretend it's a quote.

My condolences if you were misled. Enclosing insertions in quotes
between square brackets is standard practice, I believe.

I'm not arguing strongly that non-wealth reflects weakness, cluelessness
or stupidity. The game is clearly rigged. And there are many worthy
goals besides money. But I do believe strongly that victimhood is
maladaptive.