What is offtopic and what should be avoided on this list?

Steve Furlong demonfighter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:42:35 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com>
wrote:

> Though the list is unmoderated, I suspect the dudes in
> charge of the list might take action against flooding with
> gross nonsense ...

Years ago, some people were warning that the NSA and other agencies were
monitoring *every* electronic communication, were running half of the TOR
nodes, had bribed crypto companies to insert weaknesses, and I don't know
what else. Real tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense.

Except it wasn't. Revelations from Snowden and others shows that not only
were the "nonsense" claims correct, they didn't go far enough.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to be very cautious before
calling anything nonsense.

--
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet. -- Arnaud-Amaury, 1209