Please stop top posting [was: TrueCrupt...]

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Wed Jan 7 02:21:42 PST 2015

 > You know the history and reasons the internet has against top
 > posting, especially on newgroups and mailing lists.

I know the reasons but they don't apply to me, nor to a growing majority
of users who don't use text-only clients. Most clients these days are
pre-configured to hide replied-to text unless directly quoted, making
pre-quoted text actually more irritating than sub-quoted.

Despite this, I *do* use text-only mode, and nevertheless find scrolling
down to find replies inline irksome.

So, as I mentioned previously, this is a cultural difference; I find
your preferred mode annoying, and you find mine annoying. Tough; you
don't own the internet, and neither do I. I won't waste my time
conforming to your expectations, and you won't to mine. So we get over
it and move on.

..did you really call top-posting "abuse of other people"? Dude, get
some perspective!