Rant on BSD vs GPL was [Good ol' BSD vs. GPL]

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Tue Jan 6 12:45:16 PST 2015

> Haskell language shit depending on GCC and claiming they "compile with
> portable
> assembler" don't make sense to me too, fuck Haskelli and its monads,
> sorry.

Not really sure how this factors into it. There's more than one Haskell
compiler, you know? Haskell and monads are languages, and do not depend
upon compilation to have meaning. Monads are like, kinda inevitable. You
have them in your code, you just don't know.

As for the rest, GPL when something is everyone's property, BSD when you're
actually just a company pushing a product or just don't care. There's not
much between GPL and BSD. I'd like a structure where you have to pay to get
in, but once you're in it's like GPL (but only with others who are "in"),
instead of every closed source license out there.

Meanwhile we must not depend upon the bullshit copyright system to provide
us with compensation. Distribution is no longer a challenge and no profit
can be extracted from it anymore. Stop it already. Please stop ruining
reality to create artificial scarcity, I want it not.