Rant on BSD vs GPL was [Good ol' BSD vs. GPL]

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Tue Jan 6 09:51:02 PST 2015

Let me make a rant on BSD vs GPL licenses.

It is well known fact that Micro$oft used *BSD TCP stack in earlier
versions of their shit. In addition on _old_ versions of windows,
grepping for "Berkeley" returned the bsd license in userland, likely
in the shit called "ftp.exe".

I am not a coder, though have released some non-destructive stuff.

If I were a coder, I would have been pissed off if micro$oft
profited from my codeZ$ (though a lot a of sheeple don't care about
this).

If I were a coder, GPL is assumed to guarantee me that shit like m$
can't profit from codeZ$.

As an aside, appears to me because of GCC (C compliler) BSD exists in
its current form. It it still fun trolling *BSD fanatics "Dudes, you
still using GPL GCC?")).

Haskell language shit depending on GCC and claiming they "compile with portable
assembler" don't make sense to me too, fuck Haskelli and its monads,
sorry.

cheers,