TrueCrypt, GostCrypt, *Crypt - status?

Łukasz 'Cyber Killer' Korpalski cyberkiller8 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 01:13:23 PST 2015

W dniu 04.01.2015 o 02:49, grarpamp pisze:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 8:37 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Cathal Garvey
>>> What are the critical truecrypt features people actually want, that made it
>>> special?
>>
>> Windows + third party + opensource + gui + full disk encryption.
>
> That being the minimal basics on that platform.
>
>> Trivial symmetric file encryption? ... Deniable volumes? Detachable headers? Keyfiles?
>
> Icing in conjunction with basic above.

I'd say the killer feature was that it was trustworthy and it had an
easy way of backing up the volume header with the key and password. Use
case: in a company an employee forgets their password or something
messes up the volume header, comes to the IT dept for help and they can
easily restore that.

So basically saying it was pretty disaster-proof, at least for typical
cases (because people never fuc**** make backups, especially the company
vips).

--
Łukasz "Cyber Killer" Korpalski

mail: cyberkiller8 at gmail.com
xmpp: cyber_killer at jabster.pl
site: http://website.cybkil.cu.cc
gpgkey: 0x72511999 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net

//When replying to my e-mail, kindly please
//write your message below the quoted text.