USCENTCOM Social Accounts Hacked

Rich Jones rich@openwatch.net
Mon Jan 12 11:28:26 PST 2015

Not sure if anybody else here has been paying attention to the incredibly
weird USCENTCOM social media accounts, but they both just got taken over by
ISIS supporters:

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM
https://www.youtube.com/user/centcom

(both now suspended). Likely connected to the (now also suspended)
@CyberCaliphate.

Now how will CENTCOM selectively release war footage to the public? This
was the only public-facing source of direct footage of the current bombing
campaign I knew about and now it's gone. I guess we're just going to be
kept completely in the dark now if they don't bring the account back online.

ps - if anybody has a few spare bucks, I've got an outstanding related FOIA
that needs payment:
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/kill-death-youtube-us-centcom-13572/#files