Dollar Value of a Datamined "Free" Service User?

JP jp054227 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:47:06 PST 2015

Interesting topic, I did read about something similar before...
but I couldn't find the link now...

As far as I remember they calculated $80/per_user last year only in gmail
but I believe is debatable because I believe there are implicit and explicit revenue.

For example, if you do a google-search about gmail-revenues you will find a
lot of people saying that gmail doesn't make money at all..However, they
are weighting the whole thing as standalone...and they must consider Google
as a whole...not only gmail...because it wouldn't be fair...and in the end
is kind simple the idea: whatever the app is drive, gmail, youtube...
they are just channels for data-collection in different-forms...you can
later crunched/mined/metadata for selling to advertisers...