REAL-ID Phone Access Coming Soon

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:23:29 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 5:03 PM, shelley at misanthropia.org
<shelley at misanthropia.org> wrote:
> On February 24, 2015 12:35:12 PM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In other news...
>> Pissed off yet? Or still a sheeple?
>> What are you going to do?
>
> I am plenty pissed off; have been taking action for a while now.  I take
> more steps than many people to try to block a lot of this data spying and
> siphoning (for which a few of even you have teased me!), yet I know it's
> never enough.

It seems maybe lots of people on the tubes are, subconsciously
or not, taking such measures and actions here and there in internet,
and in life. A natural reaction of sorts. But are they not largely defensive
and never enough? Where among their list of technical defenses are
the political measures and actions needed to actually stop or reduce
that which they are trying to defend against in the first place?

After all, adblock isn't going to stop the ads. DNT isn't going to
stop the cookies. Crypto isn't going to stop the metamining
surveillance. And as in the subject, standing in line to happily get
and show their papers please isn't going to stop that either.

Where are that mass of geeks, cryptos, internets... those making
such technical measures... where are they acting in politics?
Running for office, bringing issues to their councils, donating,
and so on.