OnionShare - what do you think about this piece of software?

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Fri Feb 6 02:25:38 PST 2015

Dnia piątek, 6 lutego 2015 09:10:28 Hannes Mehnert pisze:
> On 02/05/2015 23:47, rysiek wrote:
> > Dnia czwartek, 5 lutego 2015 14:45:54 Александр pisze:
> >> https://github.com/micahflee/onionshare https://onionshare.org/
> >>
> >> Well, it's too "young", but it's OpenSource and the idea is
> >> good. any thoughts?
> >
> > Does it work behind a NAT? If it doesn't, it's pretty much
> > useless...
>
> Since it uses TOR hidden services, it does work behind NAT.

So it's more of a "cool idea, and a nice research project" rather than "damn,
that's going into my standard toolset".

On the other hand, how hard would it be to add a kind of "Tor-in-Tor"
connection? If I have a Tor daemon running, it's connecting to the Tor network
anyway, even behind NAT; can't this connection be used to also serve stuff
under a hidden service?

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak