Fwd: Learning from dpr mistakes

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:17:20 PST 2015

+ cypherpunks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRESOR - Keys are stored in debug or SSE
registers and never leave the CPU. Use of AES-NI gives you solid
performance. [side-channel DPA/timing etc vulnerable, though :(]

That + trusted boot + dm-verity & FDE. Delicious. [Add Xen bare-metal &
qubes-esque setup.]

I've never seen TRESOR work, that might be a fun side-project for someone.

-Travis

--
Twitter <https://twitter.com/tbiehn> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisbiehn> | GitHub <http://github.com/tbiehn>