ODNI Counsel: Governments Want Accessible Crypto from Business

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 7 17:42:41 PST 2015

ODNI counsel Robert Litt is "optimistic" cryptographers will devise
secure encryption which provides government access, it's "what many
governments want."

"One of the many ways in which Snowden's leaks have damaged our
national security is by driving a wedge between government and
providers and technology companies so that some companies that
formerly recognized that protecting our nation was a valuable and
important public service they could perform now feel compelled to
stand in opposition."

http://cryptome.org/2015/02/odni-litt-15-0204.pdf