Facebook sucks [was: I Encourage Everyone, Right Here And Now, To Donate Money To His Three Main Security Programs, Which He Uses The Most!]

shelley at misanthropia.org shelley at misanthropia.org
Sat Feb 7 10:35:14 PST 2015

On February 7, 2015 2:26:03 AM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 2:52 AM, Lara <lara.tor at emails.veryspeedy.net> wrote:
> >> when2plus2is5 at riseup.net:
> >> In addition, Facebook and the online payment processor Stripe each
> >> pledged to donate $50,000 a year to Koch’s project.
>
> Useful.
>
> > So Facebook is not that evil after all.
>
> But on balance, merely a political photo op.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PRISM_Collection_Details.jpg
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Prism_slide_5.jpg
> http://news.sciencemag.org/social-sciences/2015/02/facebook-will-soon-be-able-id-you-any-photo
> http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-terrifying-ways-google-facebook-are-using-their-power/
> http://www.businessinsider.com/10-reasons-to-delete-your-facebook-account-2010-5?IR=T
> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/04/facebook-timeline/
> http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2014/07/01/facebook-evil-stock/
> http://pitweston.com/facebookevil/

Thank you for the useful links!  I'm tired of explaining to non-infosec
friends and family why I so despise Fuckerberg and his Failbook empire.
Now I can just copy and paste these links; I had some, but not all of them.
 Perhaps they'll STFU about my refusal to be associated with it (or google)
in any way.

And yes, Fuckerburg throwing his pocket change toward this project does
demonstrate any benevolence on his part.