Who we are up against

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Dec 13 21:26:06 PST 2015

On 12/13/15, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
> On 12/13/2015 11:01 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 03:20:15PM +0000, Zenaan Harkness
>> wrote:
>>> For those who have not yet read of this, it's a must to
>>> comprehend. Lest ye doubt humans are rightly labelled
>>> 'sheep'.
>>
>> Call me a crank, but I am against the sheeple.
>>
>> Sheeple are major cause of trouble, electing current so called
>>  "establishment".
>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
>
> When I see or hear the word 'sheeple' I think about how successful
> our adversaries have been in dividing the people they prey on into
> mutually hostile factions, each of which blames the actions of
> their common enemy on the others.

I agree that the wording I chose for the subject could be seen as
divisive, yet is confronting since it suggests a specific target,
which target turns out to be "most people/sheeple".

The divisive part is not good, but also not intended.

The "we need to be alert to reality - this is big/bad" is intended and
I think is essential to assessing anything sane. I recall reading that
Wikipedia article a few years ago, yet it had no less impact upon me,
on my second reading.

>  Populist and reformist politics
> ends and mindless compliance begins when people decide that they
> are categorically superior to those who don't happen to belong to
> their own gang, and start speaking and acting on that basis.

No, not the compliance bit at least. Just because I speak arrogantly,
refused to wear a school uniform for -years- in a row and use
vehemence and confronting language when I communicate, does NOT mean I
am the cause of those "sheeple" who be compliance with mindless
authority!

You can't be seriously suggesting as much, surely.

In fact "sheep" is about as apt as it gets when describing compliant
(to arbitrary authority) people. And the Migram experiments show that
humans by an overwhelming majority, are in fact sheep, even in the
face of their own stress, their own tears, inner conflict, emotional
pain - they -still- fucking comply with arbitrary (worse, despotic!!)
authority!

"We humans" are so woefully inadequate to the task of complying with
our own conscience or inner sense of right and wrong, and so woefully
tied to compliance with external authority, it is shocking,
embarrassing, upsetting and yes, confronting.

But fuck, don't shoot the messenger!

Put your confronting reaction to something constructive - try to
figure out how to simply and expediently educate those you come across
to counter this problem - if you have actual successes, please share
those, as that may go some significant way to enlightening us all on
how to handle this very confronting problem.

Another shot to prod you along a bit further:

Those who are compliant with despotic external authority in the face
of their own inner conscience of right and wrong, ought be regarded as
other/ outer/ "them", and treated with extreme caution!

"Those" sheep happens to be about 60% to 90% of everyone! You wanna
sweep -that- under the carpet of your politically correct boat?

Regards,
Zenaan