Standard Operating Procedure 303

Rayzer Rayzer at riseup.net
Mon Dec 28 08:22:48 PST 2015

coderman wrote:
> On 12/24/15, Rayzer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
>> On January 8 2016 the US Supreme Court will consider a petition for
>> certiorari in the EPIC v. DHS "Standard Operating Procedure 303" FOIA
>> suit. SOP 303 is also known as the 'National Emergency Wireless
>> Kill-Switch'
>>
>> “Standard Operating Procedure 303,” is the protocol that codifies a
>> “shutdown and restoration process for use by commercial and private
>> wireless networks during national crisis.”
>
> a new FOIA:
> '''
> Documents regarding the "Chain of Command" necessary to exercise
> "Standard Operating Procedure 303", also known as the "National
> Emergency Wireless Kill-Switch". Names of individuals within the
> current chain-of-command to exercise SOP-303 are not requested, nor
> necessary. Please only provide the roles/titles and position in
> chain-of-command to exercise the SOP-303 National Emergency Wireless
> Kill-Switch capability. In defense of a possible Glomar retort, please
> recognize that the GSF Explorer, formerly USNS Hughes Glomar Explorer
> (T-AG-193), for which the Glomar response is so named, was a purely
> military operation, using custom-built military equipment, on an
> exceptionally sensitive military mission to recover military
> equipment. Observe that the chain of command for a national emergency
> capability is both domestic in nature and of great public interest -
> the controls around which, conveyed by chain-of-command, in the public
> interest without exposure of sensitive information or operational
> detail. Thank you!
> '''
>  - https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/sop303-23071/
>
> note the particular angle of this scope of requested documents... :P
>

> best regards,

I have this discussion with local social activists quite a bit. The
'roles/titles and position' ARE the important thing. The names change.
Structure doesn't. If you're a social activist and all you have going
for you is other people's personalities as a target you ain't got shit.
It's their FUNCTION that's important.

Extreme example? There's a local houseless person's 'activist' around
here that still writes leaflets containing info about how a cop that
hasn't been on the force for two years now abused people. Most of the
homeless people reading it then file it in the nearest trashcan.

--
RR

"You might want to ask an expert about that - I just fiddled around
with mine until it worked..."