Assange believes too late for any pervasive privacy

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Sat Dec 19 17:47:03 PST 2015

Assange is entirely correct.  The reason is the distribution
curve for sensors and, in particular, everything -- and I mean
everything -- about "personalization" is simply surveillance.
I may be able to hide from The Man, but I cannot hide from my
friends and neighbors, and they are increasingly festooned with
the infrastructure of total information awareness.  Poindexter
was simply ahead of his time.  The private sector will do with
bread & circus what the mil sector can not do with black budgets;
the private sector will own 95% of the listening posts and will
buy their freedom of motion with yours.

--dan