[Cryptography] What should I put in notifications to NSA?

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Fri Dec 18 07:14:38 PST 2015

Dnia czwartek, 17 grudnia 2015 03:09:36 grarpamp pisze:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
>
> <phill at hallambaker.com> wrote:
> > I am working on staging the code for the Mesh on SourceForge.
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/mathematicalmesh/
> >
> > There is this bit to do:
> >
> > You must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption Request Coordinator via
> > e-mail of the Internet location (e.g., URL or Internet address) of the
> > publicly available encryption source code or provide each of them a
> > copy of the publicly available encryption source code. If you update
> > or modify the source code, you must also provide additional copies to
> > each of them each time the cryptographic functionality of the source
> > code is updated or modified. In addition, if you posted the source
> > code on the Internet, you must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption
> > Request Coordinator each time the Internet location is changed, but
> > you are not required to notify them of updates or modifications made
> > to the encryption source code at the previously notified location. In
> > all instances, submit the notification or copy to crypt at bis.doc.gov
> > and toenc at nsa.gov.
> >

> > What do folk normally do here? I was thinking of giving them the URL
> > of the repository and a statement to the effect that by complying I do
> > not wave my first amendment rights
>
> Seriously?!
>
> How about linking to...
> http://fuckoff.com/

Or, set up a nice git repo with a post-receive hook sending the diff to them
as soon as a push is made; and a cron-job every minute changing the
indentation between (say) \t and '    ', back and forth -- and pushing. :)

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147