US Pres. Cand. Carly Fiorina Comes Out Against Crypto and Privacy

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 21:14:00 PST 2015

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/14/exclusive-carly-fiorina-cybersecurity-now-urgent/

When Fiorina was CEO at Hewlett-Packard, the NSA called her after the
terrorist attack on September 11, 2001 asking for help.
“They needed help getting a large amount of equipment very quickly.
The reason they needed help getting that large amount of equipment
quickly was because they were trying to stand up their ability to
track people that were of a suspicious nature,” Fiorina explained.
I diverted a lot of equipment from paying customers to the government
in a very short period of time. I was happy to do it.

“Number one, I would retaliate against China and Russia. They have
hacked into some of our most sensitive systems and we haven’t done
much about it,” she said, vowing, “I would retaliate.”

“First that means there has to be laws that have to be passed. There
are some things that have to be permissible legally, which would allow
the private sector and the public sector to share information,” she
said.

One of the places we need help is to deal with all of these encrypted
communications...we have to be able to work around it

“It’s important for people to understand that because they’ve
misunderstood that, and this address is one phone number to another
phone number, that’s it,” she said, adding, “There is no content
discussed. “

teaching people how to disappear online. They have online help desks.”

Fiorina [babbled on about] the terrorist attack in San Bernardino