Assange believes too late for any pervasive privacy

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Fri Dec 11 08:13:03 PST 2015

On December 11, 2015 12:48:12 AM Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> Feels like a sell out. I suspect he feels he's being pragmatic.
>
> https://www.rt.com/news/325524-assange-privacy-rt-10

>  Game for privacy is gone, mass surveillance is here to stay – Assange

Jeezus, wtf!  Julian has either finally lost his mind from living in exile
or someone has gotten to him.  What is this defeatist fuckery?!

Of course we learn to adapt while living under a surveillance, militaristic
police state - while we use and make the tech that pushes back, and will
ultimately take it back.

The very fact that the recent atrocities committed by crazy religious
extremists and other mentally unstable people (including the latest
delusional asswipe to shoot up a woman's health clinic in my gun-obsessed
country) were able to be planned and carried out right under their noses
proves that they're not ubiquitous.  They just like to project that image
so we will self-censor and cower in fear, as Julian seems to be buying
into.  Fuck That, I say!

Part of it is just practicality:  the Digital Stasi collects so much
information that they can't process it all in a timely manner.  Since they
claim to hoard all encrypted communications (as though they don't hoard
everything anyway), using existing encryption and other strategies while we
develop something better will keep these pissant spies busy for quite some
time.

I'm not a ter'rist, not doing anything particularly interesting or illegal,
don't really have much I care to hide... and that's exactly why the fucking
government is not allowed to read my email and track my every move.
They're proven that their attempt at constant and total surveillance is
useless for keeping "the homeland" (what a fucking nazi phrase) safe, time
and again.  They're the ones we need protection from anyway.

Adapt to survive: yes.  Always!  But advising that their cancerous
surveillance is malignant, that it is too late to stop it, is utter
bullshit.  I refuse.

-S