Answered: Why Donald Trump needs to speak with Bill Gates Before 'shutting down the intertubz'?

Rayzer Rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Dec 10 13:07:51 PST 2015

"Donald Trump has suggested shutting down the Internet by migrating
everyone to Internet Explorer 11.

Claiming the web is dangerous and people are being radicalised through
exposure, Trump has pledged to talk to Bill Gates in an effort to make
certain content unavailable by increasing buffering times until they
just get bored and decide not to be terrorists after all.

Microsoft proudly boasts that downloading a single pdf copy of the
Anarchists Cookbook over IE11 can take up to 17 hours, which would deter
even the most dedicated jihadi.

Trump has insisted that it would not be policy to shoot people who use
Chrome and Firefox on sight, but they would be encouraged to walk down
the street more often which amounts to much the same thing.

“I’m gonna see Bill Gates about closing up that whole Internet
doohickey,” Trump told reporters

“We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet.

“We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really
understand what’s happening.

“We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that
Internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, ‘Oh freedom of speech,
freedom of speech.’ These are foolish people.”

Bill Gates has reportedly claimed that shutting the Internet down will
be dead easy as he’ll just introduce a Windows update every half hour or
so, which should kill it stone dead."

http://newsthump.com/2015/12/10/donald-trump-pledges-to-shut-down-internet-by-migrating-everyone-to-internet-explorer/

--
RR

"You might want to ask an expert about that - I just fiddled around
with mine until it worked..."