Named Data Networking

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 18:30:17 PST 2015

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 10:41 AM,  <dan at geer.org> wrote:
> Does anyone here have a grounded opinion about NDN (Named Data
> Networking)?  If that's as new to you as to me, I'm reading here:
>
> http://named-data.net

back in the day, we called it IPoverATM / VBR-RT with SSCOP signalling.

> It seems to have a lot of implications that I'm trying to think
> through, not the least of which is the idea that the Internet can
> and must evolve from an end-to-end communication system to
> [ insert speculative crap for craven private interests here ] ...

yeah, it's all bullshit. perhaps T-Mobile gives "named data" a free pass,
 but they're not the world, and they're not the endpoints, by any measure!

> I am, myself, perpetually sceptical of efforts to start over, or
> to put policy into the network itself,

anyone putting policy into the network, rather than at the edges,
 is a robber baron being paid in filthy lucre  :P

best regards,