CNSS Issues Memo on Shift to Quantum-Resistant Cryptography

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Tue Aug 18 22:01:28 PDT 2015

In case someone hadn't already replied on this issue...

I tried to visit the cnss site to see what you are talking about,
because it sounded interesting, and got all kinds of warning from the
browser, e.g. "Connection is Untrusted!" ... "What Should I do?"  ...
"Get Me Out of Here" .... etc.

Due to this:

"www.cnss.gov uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown
.
The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificate
s.
An additional root certificate may need to be imported.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)"

So, this is a .gov site for a committee on national security systems,
that publishes advisories, that doesn't have valid certificates?

js

On 08/17/2015 09:53 AM, John Young wrote:
> CNSS Advisory Memo on Use of Public Standards for Secure Sharing
> of Information Among NatSec Systems 08/11/15
>
> https://www.cnss.gov/CNSS/openDoc.cfm?DLuhIVBMUGJh7R8iXAWwIQ==
> <https://t.co/O2h82B5ZGE>
>
> This Advisory expands on the guidance contained in CNSS Policy No.
> 15, /National Information Assurance Policy on the Use of Public
> Standards for the Secure Sharing of Information Among National
> Security Systems /(Reference a). Based on analysis of the effect of
> quantum computing on Information Assurance (IA) and IA-enabled
> Information Technology (IT) products, the policy’s set of
> authorized algorithms is expanded to provide vendors and IT users
> more near-term flexibility in meeting their IA interoperability
> requirements. The purpose behind this additional flexibility is to
> avoid vendors and customers making two major transitions in a
> relatively short timeframe, as we anticipate a need to shift to
> quantum-resistant cryptography in the near future.

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn