Unpublished letters to the editor

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Aug 18 11:35:41 PDT 2015

On 08/17/2015 03:39 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Walter Cronkite, famous CBS news anchor said:  "We must strengthen the
> United Nations as a first step toward a world government".

Methinks Walter Concrete was visualizing a different sort of 'world
government'. As were most civilians who supported the concept. No one
expected it to become an arm of policy for the Industrialized nations of
the world and their 3rd world manufacturing satrap's dictators and strongmen

After all, Concrete was the guy who, when Dan Rather got thugged by a
couple of people dressed as ushers during the 1968 Democratic National
Convention just as Rather was going on-air to interview an ejected
delegate from the Georgia delegation (RIP Julian Bond), said in quite
simple terms while Rather was still gasping for breath after being
sucker punched in the gut two or three times

    "It looks like we've got a bunch of thugs here."

See for yourself (footage): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wItUjFU1i4M

Let me know if you EVER hear anything like that again from ANY talking
head newsreader/anchor covering US Politics.

Later, he sounded the death knell for the American War on Vietnam.

I think Cronkite was one of the last credible (in the American mileu and
it's belief system) anchor on US MSM television, and he represented, in
the statement you quote above, a belief in a functioning UN that
represented all world citizens equally.

Of course that "UN" did not have a snowball's chance in hell.

RR