NSA Spying Relies on AT&T'S "Extreme Willingness to Help"

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Aug 18 10:11:44 PDT 2015

Law will always be bent to favor authorities, that is what law
does and why lawyers are given special protection and privileges
not given to the citizenry. What NSA, ATT, Cisco, Oracle, Microsoft,
RSA, Google, ISPs and the others have been doing, and will
continue doing, is completely legal and, if insistent, constitutional
(the ur law favoring natsec authorities), so it is misleading to claim
otherwise.

Mark Klein, like Snowden and most other leakers, has been co-opted
by lawyers, civil libertarians and wealthy donors to speak to their scripts.
If not, then to the poor house dogs.

Nothing wrong with being scriptedly misleading, that is what media
and law do to whatever raw remarks are handed, leaked, "Secure
Drop"-boxed to them ("at own risk of sources").

Nor anything misleading about promising strong encryption and
surefire cybersecurity, despite repeated failures, backtracks,
apologias, tweakings, full disclosures, that is what they do "because
the enemy does" and "we're doing the best we can." No, not national
defense grade protection, are you nuts, RTFM.

Nor is it misleading about civil liberty, privacy policy, anonymization,
open source, HTTPS, the current cipher-sec civil-lib kaboodle.
That is necessary for their survival in the marketplace. "That is
what competitors do and become rich at it, we're sick of being
middling strapped."

What might piss off a pristine, completely guiltless humanoid
coder is the brazen duplicity of the opponents of the NSA cartel,
the enjoyment of perks of being on both sides, wearing dual hats,
citizen-official, dissident-loyalist, open-closed, public servant raking
in high fees for duping the public about forever known-to-be-faulty
comsec, reneging on assurances, duo-dancing on pinheads at
comsec fora with mutually celebrated opponents, advising governments,
tesitfying for governments, taking government contracts, betraying
confidences, fork-tongues a flutter.