simple chat

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Tue Aug 11 23:49:29 PDT 2015

Any progress on getting the Antox FDroid repo back online after their
embezzlement fiasco earlier this Summer? Mobile usage is critical to
uptake so I've been awaiting a crash-free build before getting on-board
with Tox.

For desktop use I've been encouraging people to use meet.jit.si - not
the highest security, but frankly as we all know usability and design
trumps security for most people, and 'most people' are the audience for
a new killer-communicator unfortunately.

I do want Tox to succeed. In my opinion for that it'll need robust
Android/iOS apps (plus preferably a newer, hipper platform like Ubuntu),
and a web-app interface that requires no installation. Tall order!

--
Scientific Director, IndieBio EU Programme
  Now running in Cork, Ireland May->July