Privacy advocates resign over facial recognition plans

Seth list at sysfu.com
Tue Aug 11 22:38:32 PDT 2015

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:49:45 -0700, Sean Lynch <seanl at literati.org> wrote:
> most part taken that choice away from them. The result seems likely to be
> less police abuse than at any point since at least the early 20th century
> in the US.

This is not directed at you personally, but I wish people would stop using
the fucking Orwellian double-speak term 'police abuse' in place of the
more accurate 'police crime'.

What we have is a certain class of people committing serious CRIMES, not
'abuse'. These crimes includes murder, attempted murder, manslaughter,
assault, vehicular assault, battery, false arrest, perjury, etc, all while
wearing special costumes called 'uniforms' and getting a paycheck from
some government agency.

As far as I'm concerned, using the term 'police abuse' is a
neuro-linguistic programming tactic designed to make people subconsciously
downplay the seriousness of these crimes.