Privacy advocates resign over facial recognition plans

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 15:34:19 PDT 2015

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 16:11:00 -0600
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> He was mocking you, yes. But I don't recall much from you except
> criticism of others' ideas, plans, projects, etc.

	Yes, exactly. Valid criticism of stuff that doesn't work and is
	morally fucked up.

	You have a problem with that? You want people to try to sell
	garbage and go unchallenged?

> > 	You, too, let me know when you guys start 'watching'  and
> > 	'holding accountable' your 'representatives'  aka your
> > masters.
> >

> > 	I'll be waiting for you to post the access credentials to
> > phone companies, ISPs, datacenters and the like, so that we can
> > start 'watching' the government just like they watch us.
>
> That information is out there.

	What information is out there?

	Are you missing the point on purpose? The networks are 'owned'
	by the government and friends, and there obviously is no
	fucking way for joe six pack to use their infrastructure to
	'watch' his masters.

> But it doesn't get posted on open mail
> lists. Results are put online, via WikiLeaks, Cryptome, pastebins,

	Not what I was getting at, not to mention, the amount of stuff
	that gets posted is (pretty) small.

> etc. But once access info goes public, it becomes useless.

	Of course. Like I said, the networks are owned by the
	government. Temporary glitches in security don't mean much, if
	anything.

	Oh, and let me know when the nsa really gets 'hacked'  as
	opposed as having one employee betray them.