World’s First ‘Truly Anonymous’ Crypto Exchange Launches on I2P

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Thu Aug 6 04:50:30 PDT 2015

Regarding decentralized exchanges, there are many...

ExchangeD.I2P
- - as described at
http://cryptonewsday.com/worlds-first-truly-anonymous-crypto-exchange-la
unches-on-i2p/

https://bitsquare.io/

http://mercuryex.com/

One could also add into that, because of its characteristics,
openbazaar, which can be used for almost anything:
https://openbazaar.org/

But before these came to be there were others:

http://www.cloakcoin.com/ ~ providing OneMarket - as shown at
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.0

BitXBay
https://github.com/bitxbay/BitXBay
http://willmartin.com/the-worlds-first-documented-sale-on-a-decentralize
d-online-marketplace-my-book/

NightTrader
http://nighttrader.org/
“an encrypted messaging system which creates a totally new system of
client networks, which allows them to communicate without the use of
centralized servers,” and presents by way of its Market tab, “a
decentralized exchange/trading floor implemented in all Halo clients
(BlackHalo and BitHalo).

BlackHalo
http://blackhalo.info/
“a smart contracting client which eliminates the middle man, or the
trust you have to put in total stranger when doing transactions,”
which presents the option of “micro-trading,” intended to
“allow…parties to structure their trust in increments,” with other
features.

I am certain this is just a partial list of decentralized, distributed
exchanges or markets.

On 08/05/2015 10:08 AM, Seth wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Aug 2015 02:02:13 -0700, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Not quite the first that looks like a typical 'exchange', but the
>> most substantial by far. This one's been known widely for 2mo and
>> spoken for a year. And markets and boards exist in the past and
>> present. It's necessarily closed system, and unnecessarily
>> centralized. Have fun.
>
> Only decentralized exchanges I have found so far are
> https://bitsquare.io/ and http://mercuryex.com/. To the best of my
> knowledge neither utilize an onion or garlic routing network to
> connect nodes.
>
> Agree that 'necessarily closed system, and unnecessarily
> centralized' are undesirable traits of ExchangeD.i2p.
>
> Ideal would be decentralized exchange platforms such as the
> Bitsquare are Mercury running using I2P as network transport.

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn