Linux Foundation' Linux workstation security checklist

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:33:24 PDT 2015

On 8/31/15, Blibbet <blibbet at gmail.com> wrote:
> If someone has one of these old Thinkpads boxes (sold by "Ministry of
> Freedom" (formerly trading as Gluglug), please try to run CHIPSEC on it;

does not run; not needed.

> Potential insecurely-built IBM system firmware security aside, I don't
> think Libreboot nor SeaBIOS offers much in terms of security to stop
> attackers, as well.

building your own BIOS images, signing your own bootstraps, is "not offer much"?

you're wrong and these are incredibly useful security measures.

of course by no means sufficient by themselves, and you must always
keep your laptops/devices safe with you, lest they be implanted by
trivial means with physical access.

best regards,