Parallel Polis Congress 2-4.10.2015 in Prague / Central Europe

Pavol Luptak wilder at trip.sk
Sat Aug 29 13:05:01 PDT 2015

Hello everybody,
it would be my pleasure to invite you to cypherpunk conference Parallel Polis
Congress 2015 that will take place during 2-4.10.2015 in Prague / Central
Europe.

Don't hesitate and join this great and unique event (more information below).

Last year we had more than 1000 visitors from different countries, see the
schedule
http://www.paralelnipolis.cz/308/hackers-congress-paralelni-polis-2014-schedule/

Speakers already confirmed for this year - Lyn Ulbricht, Paul Rosenberg,
!Mediengruppe Bitnik, Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof, Julia Tourianski,
Smuggler, Frank Braun, Slush, Stef, ..and much more.

* Parallel Polis in theory

Parallel Polis is a theoretical concept developed by Czech dissident Vaclav
Benda (1942–1999) during the height of communist domination in Czechoslovakia
in the 1970s. It was translated into English in 1978.
Benda argues that in a repressed state, it is impossible to overturn corrupt
social, economic and political institutions. Such efforts are futile.
Instead, he suggests the creation of new "parallel institutions" that are more
responsible to human needs.

* Parallel Polis in practice

We were impressed by the concept of Vaclav Benda’s Parallel Polis and
Timothy C May’s Crypto Anarchistic Manifesto and Cyphernomicon.

Embracing the current crypto-technologies we have realized a practical
feasibility of these utopian theories and started a unique freedom think tank
focused on the promotion of digital freedom, cryptocurrencies, anonymization
networks and free markets.

For this purpose we decided to rent a big 3-floor house (with almost 1000m2)
in the center of Prague (Holešovice) - one floor dedicated to Bitcoin
coffee-house, hub and hackerspace called Institute of Cryptoanarchy. :)

* Founders of Parallel Polis

Parallel polis is 100% state-free project, based on voluntary contributions
only of our members and donors.
Founding members are people from Czech contemporary-art group Ztohoven
(http://ztohoven.com/) and group of cryptoanarchists from Czech and Slovak
hackerspaces, see their recent projects Moral Reform (hack of Czech
Parliament) http://juraj.bednar.sk/blog/2013/01/06/moral-reform-by-ztohoven-an-ultimate-hack/ and Citizen K ( http://artoftheprank.com/2010/06/19/ztohoven-art-collective-launch-citizen-k-identity-swap/ )

* Parallel Polis Congress and why we need you!

Parallel Polis Congress is a 1-birthday party of a new era of our freedom.
For such a unique event, we decided to invite all speakers whom we have loved
and respected for a long time.

* When & Where

Parallel Polis Congress takes place in Parallel Polis building (Dělnická 43,
Prague) during 2-4.10.2015.
If you prefer to take public transport, take the tram number 1, 12, 14, 25, 53
or 54 to the tram station Dělnická.

* Stay in touch

http://hcpp.cz/
http://www.paralelnipolis.cz
https://www.facebook.com/events/111132575904264/
https://twitter.com/Paralelni_polis
[Parallel Polis - Bitcoin Coffee House, Hub and Cryptoanarchy hackerspace]